MuLab 8 can work in 2 modes: Demo Mode and Full Mode.
In Demo Mode:
- You cannot save projects.
- Sometimes a demo reminder is shown.
- You need to restart after 30 minutes.
- Exporting to audio files is limited to 16 bit.
- Sometimes you'll hear a soft noise, like a seashore. (Listen)
By inserting a MuLab 8 User Key MuLab 8 switches to Full Mode.
In Full Mode there are no such restrictions.
MuLab 8 Free
MuLab 8 Free is a light version of MuLab and is fully functional without a user key.
It has these limitations compared to the MuLab full version:
- Maximum 5 tracks
- No VST plug-ins
- No ReWire
- No multi-core support
- No Auto Plug-In Latency Compensation
- Only 1 MIDI input, no MIDI output
- MIDI channel 1 only
- Exporting to 16 bit audio files only
- Only one project at a time
- Only 2 lanes in the audio sequence editor
- No "Export Tracks As Audio Files" function
- No "Convert REX Files" function
MuLab 8 Free can also be used as an alternative for demoing MuLab 8.