|MuLab App and MuLab Plugin|
MuLab App is a stand-alone application while MuLab Plugin is a plugin to be inserted in another plugin host DAW.
Basically MuLab App and MuLab Plugin have the same functionality, with only a couple of specific differences inherent to the app vs plugin difference.
Project and preset files are 100% compatible, thus project/preset files made with MuLab App can be opened by MuLab Plugin and vice versa.
However MuLab App and MuLab Plugin are 2 separate shop products and each need their own User Key.
|MuLab Demo and MuLab Full|
MuLab can work in 2 modes: Demo Mode and Full Mode.
In Demo Mode:
- You cannot save projects.
- You cannot save MUX presets that contain composers.
- Sometimes a demo reminder is shown.
- You need to restart after 30 minutes.
- Exporting to audio files is limited to 16 bit.
- Sometimes you'll hear a soft noise, like a seashore. (Listen)
By inserting a User Key and restarting MuLab, all demo limits will disappear.
You can purchase your personal MuLab User Key in The MuTools Shop
Tip: If you have made a great groove using MuLab Demo, which cannot save it as a project,
and you really want to continue on it lateron in MuLab Full, then save the individual elements (sequences, sounds, ...)
as much as possible and re-assemble them in MuLab Full after having inserted your User Key.
MuLab App Free is a light version of MuLab App and is fully functional without a user key.
It has these limitations compared to the MuLab App full version:
- Maximum 5 tracks
- No VST plugins
- No multi-core support
- No Auto Plugin Latency Compensation
- Only 1 MIDI input, no MIDI output
- MIDI channel 1 only
- Exporting to 16 bit audio files only
- Only one project at a time
- Only 2 lanes in the audio sequence editor
- No "Export Tracks As Audio Files" function
- No "Convert REX Files" function
MuLab Free can also be used as an alternative for demoing MuLab.
There is no free version of MuLab Plugin.